Marriage and divorce

In Poland, it is possible to get married in the Civil  Registry  Office or a temple such as a church, but a marriage is recognized as valid only if you register it in the Civil Registry Office.

You will need a set of documents for a marriage procedure, i.e. copies of birth certificates, and if such a document is in a foreign language, it should be accompanied by a sworn translation into Polish, ID documents with photos of people intending to marry. If a person was previously married, he should attach a document certifying the divorce. In addition, a foreigner submits a certificate from the country of origin about the ability to marry and a sworn translation in Polish.

A foreigner who is married to a Polish citizen does not automatically obtain polish citizenship, on that basis he can apply for citizenship only after 3 years of marriage with a polish citizen.